Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Conspiracy?

Here in China, I find myself frequently wondering if there's a conspiracy against me that makes sure my emails and text messages don't get responded to. There's been like four people I've emailed on pressing matters, and I get _NO_ response. Chinese and Americans alike. It makes me wonder, are my emails getting through? Have they been sucked up by the Chinese internet watchers? But no...because after about two weeks, one reply will come, and another reply will come. Is it me being too impatient or others being too slow to respond? Same thing with texting...I've come to the conclusion that I don't like texting, maybe even abhor it. There is so much room for confusion and misunderstanding because the other party doesn't get to clarify or ask questions. Plus, the other party doesn't have to respond right away. You sit there waiting and waiting for a reply that may or may not come. I often wonder, how hard is it to just send a short message of "no, I can't make it," to an invitation to dinner/lunch, instead of ignoring the message and sending no reply? That leaves the sender in complete uncertainty of if or when you'll reply.

No comments: